Level up your snack game with these easy Air Fryer Nachos! Loaded vegetarian nachos with black beans that come together in less than 10 minutes? What's better than that?! No Air Fryer? No problem. Conventional oven instructions are included as well.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Where are my nacho lovers at? I know you're out there!
Boy oh boy do I have good news for you today: speedy, delicious Air Fryer Nachos that are LOADED with good stuff.
I love making nachos for a game day snack or a fun dinner once in a while, especially when I can cram a ton of vegetables in there and smother them with melted cheese. But you know how sometimes you want a batch of nachos, like, right now?
I'm definitely not too proud to microwave a plate of nachos, but you know how they never come out as nice and crisp as if you do them in the oven? Or the cheese gets all hard and crusty on the top but isn't even melted in the middle?
Well, friends, it's time to bust out your air fryers because this is the holy grail of quick and easy snacks. I mean, Air Fryer Kale Chips are well and good, but hellooooooo, crisp, delicious, veggie-loaded, cheese-covered nacho perfection is coming your way.
Let's do this!
What do I need to make these nachos?
The thing with nachos is that it's always a customized, choose-your-own-adventure kind of a deal. So use this recipe as a guide, and make it your own! Here's what I used in mine:
- Nachos --> I like the round ones, but you do you.
- Beans --> I used my Spicy Instant Pot Black Beans, but plain is fine as well.
- Cheese --> A good sharp cheddar is how I roll.
- Veggies --> Diced tomatoes, red pepper, and green onion, please.
- Jalapeños --> Cause I like it hot.
- Avocado --> I added this afterwards.
And of course you're going to need some salsa and sour cream for dunking.
Ok, so if you're going to make Air Fryer Nachos, you're going to need an Air Fryer. I have this model (<-- affiliate link) which is on the smaller side, but made a nice batch that was perfect for two people.
No Air Fryer? Don't sweat it! You can simply bake your nachos in the oven, or even microwave them on a plate.
How do you make Air Fryer Nachos?
It's so easy! Let's go through it step by step.
Step 1: Pre-heat your air fryer and line the basket with tinfoil. Trust me on this one, it'll be waaaaaay easier to get your nachos out afterwards.
Brush or spray the foil with a little bit of oil to make things even easier.
Step 2: Place a layer of nachos over top of the foil.
Step 3: Top the nachos with beans, cheese, and vegetables.
Step 4: Repeat the layers until you're satisfied.
Step 5: Pop the nachos into your Air Fryer for five minutes. Take a look, see if it's crispy / melty enough, and keep cooking for another 2-3 minutes if needed.
To serve, simply slide the nachos out of the air fryer basket and onto a plate. Add fresh toppings and serve with dips of your choice. Maybe try this Avocado Yogurt Dip if you're keeping things light? Or go for a classic Healthy Guacamole.
Can I make more / less of this recipe?
Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may be able to make a double batch. Otherwise, this is quick-cooking enough that you can whip up seconds in no time.
Can I make vegan nachos?
Absolutely! Just substitute your favourite vegan cheese in place of the cheddar.
What about gluten free?
If you use gluten-free tortilla chips, then you'll have gluten-free nachos!
Other recipes you might enjoy:
Air Fryer Nachos
- Air Fryer
- 5 oz tortilla chips About 2.5 cups
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 small tomato diced
- ½ medium red pepper diced
- 2 medium green onions sliced
- 1 medium jalapeño thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium avocado diced
- salsa and sour cream for serving
- Pre-heat your Air Fryer to 350°F / 180°C. Line the basket with foil, and lightly brush or spray with oil.
- Spread a layer of tortilla chips on top of the foil.
- Top with beans, cheese, and vegetables.
- Repeat the layers until the ingredients are used up.
- Place the basket into the air fryer for 5 minutes.
- Check to see whether the nachos are done. If not, return the basket to the air fryer for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Slide the foil onto a plate, top with fresh avocado, cilantro, and any other desired toppings, and serve with dips of choice.
- Nutrition values are an estimate only
- Cooking times and serving size will vary between air fryer models
- No Air Fryer? Simply bake the nachos in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden and the cheese has melted.