You won't believe how quick and easy it is to make these Air Fryer Carrots! Tossed with honey and olive oil, roasted to perfection, and then topped with dukkah, it's my favourite delicious and healthy carrot recipe. No Air Fryer? No problem! Make these honey roasted carrots in the oven instead.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
We usually make a nice dinner on the weekend where we all sit around the table and eat together. It is pleasant for approximately three minutes cumulatively, because my kids are small and obnoxious and do things like throw food on the floor and attempt to carve my table top with their cutlery and things like that.
One day dinners will be nice again, right?
I've been trying to step up my vegetable side dish game lately, because I find that we're often so focused on a main dish that someone will be calling out a two minute warning and the kids are fussing and I realize we have no veggies to serve. This is where my trusty Air Fryer comes in!
Hands down, one of my favourite uses for my Air Fryer is whipping up super quick batches of roasted veggies. It's fast, it's easy, and you don't have to turn on the oven - or it's a great backup if your oven is fully occupied with other things.
These Air Fryer Carrots with Honey and Dukkah have quickly become one of my back pocket recipes. They're so simple and so delicious and everyone in my family will eat them, which is a total win.
The ingredients list is short and sweet! Here's what you'll need:
- Carrots --> I think that goes without saying.
- Honey --> Just a touch of honey.
- Olive oil --> A nice glug of EVOO.
- Salt --> I love using flaky sea salt (like Maldon) here.
You're gonna need an Air Fryer to make Air Fryer Carrots. This is the model I have; it's basic, but does the job.
If you don't have an Air Fryer, fear not: there are instructions for making these Honey Roasted Carrots in the recipe card below.
How to make air fryer carrots:
This is easy peasy, my friends, and I'll talk you through it step by step.
Step 1: Peel and slice your carrots. I like to make diagonal slices, but you can totally do rods if you prefer. You may need to adjust the cooking time for a thicker cut, but otherwise, any shape or size will do.
Step 2: In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil and honey. Pro tip: if your honey is not already liquid, heat it gently to make it easier to stir through.
Step 3: Place the carrots in the bowl with the honey and olive oil, and toss to coat well. Sprinkle with sea salt.
Step 4: Place the carrots in the basket of your air fryer. Shake them into a uniform layer.
Step 5: Let them air fry for 5-6 minutes, then remove the basket, give them a shake, and return for another 5-6 minutes.
Step 6: Once the carrots are golden and crisp around the edges, remove from the air fryer, spread out on a platter, and sprinkle with Dukkah if desired.
Pro tips / Recipe notes:
All air fryers work a little differently, so the cooking time may vary from model to model and appliance to appliance. I recommend you watch the carrots closely the first time you make this recipe so you can gauge how long it takes to perfectly coo, them in your machine.
When tossing the carrots with the honey and olive oil, the carrots should be well-coated but not dripping.
I used a pound of carrots in this recipe, which fit in my small-ish air fryer. If you have a smaller air fryer or want to do more carrots, you may have to cook them in batches.
What goes well with this recipe?
Good question. You can add these to really any spread, like along side these Healthy Vegetable Side Dishes. I like to have them as an alternative to french fries when I'm making my Chipotle Black Bean Burgers as the sweetness from the honey complements the spice of the burgers perfectly. They're also perfect to use in this Spicy Mung Bean Salad, which calls for a batch of honey roasted carrots.
These sweet and salty honey roasted carrots are also great for dunking in hummus, like this Mung Bean Hummus for example. Or serve them alongside a more traditional main dish with this Lentil Shepherd's Pie.
If you're looking for other Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes, be sure try this Air Fryer Broccoli Parmesan from Happy Veggie Kitchen - I had a near religious experience when I tried it for the first time. Or, try these Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts from Sustainable Cooks.
HEY NUTRITION LADY, ARE CARROTS HEALTHY?
Ummm, yes. Yes they are.
Carrots contain good amounts of antioxidant nutrients, including antioxidants like vitamin C, as well as phytonutrient antioxidants such as beta-carotene. Red and purple carrots are rich in anthocyanin, and in yellow carrots, about half of the total carotenoids come from lutein.
The antioxidant nutrients in carrots are believed to provide cardioprotective benefits – that is, they’re good for your heart! But there’s more to the health benefits of carrots than that: studies have demonstrated the ability of carrot extracts to inhibit the grown of colon cancer cells.
Carrots are also an excellent source of vitamin A, biotin, vitamin K, dietary fiber, molybdenum, potassium, and vitamin B6, and vitamin C.
Other recipes you might enjoy:
Air Fryer Kale Chips
Crispy Potato Wedges
Air Fryer Grilled Cheese with Broccoli
Air Fryer Falafel
Air Fryer Tempeh
Air Fryer Tofu Nuggets
15 Vegetarian Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Carrots
- Air Fryer
- 1 pound carrots peeled and sliced into pencil-thick diagonals
- 2 teaspoon honey warmed to liquify if needed
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt such as Maldon
- 2 tablespoon dukkah optional
- Peel your carrots and slice into pencil-thick diagonal slices.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the honey and olive oil, warming the honey if need be.
- Add the carrots to the bowl, and toss to coat with the honey and olive oil mixture. Season with flaky salt.
Air Fryer Instructions
- Pre-heat your air fryer to 360°F / 190°C for a few minutes.
- Add the carrots to the basket, and shake into a uniform layer. Do not add excess liquid from the bowl.
- Place the basket into the air fryer, and cook for 5-6 minutes. Remove the basket, shake, and replace for an additional 5-6 minutes, checking carefully and removing when golden and crisp around the edges. .
- Pre-heat your oven to 400°F / 200°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the carrots into a single layer.
- Place in the oven and roast for 15 minutes, remove, flip the carrots, and roast for another 5-10 minutes, until golden and crisp around the edges.
- Add the honey roasted carrots to a plate or platter, and sprinkle generously with dukkah. Serve.
- Nutrition values are an estimate only.
- All air fryers work a little differently, so the cooking time may vary from model to model and appliance to appliance. I recommend you watch the carrots closely the first time you make this recipe so you can gauge how long it takes to perfectly coo, them in your machine.
- When tossing the carrots with the honey and olive oil, the carrots should be well-coated but not dripping.
- I used a pound of carrots in this recipe, which fit in my small-ish air fryer. If you have a smaller air fryer or want to do more carrots, you may have to cook them in batches.