Pumpkin and Black Bean Taquitos
Pumpkin and Black Bean Taquitos - oven baked vegetarian taquitos with pumpkin and black beans are healthy, delicious and easy to make.
Servings 24 taquitos
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups black beans
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese eg cheddar
- 24 small corn tortillas
Preheat your oven to 200°C / 400°F
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add onions, and sauté until they start to become a bit translucent.
Add the garlic and cook for a couple of minutes more.
Add the spices, pumpkin puree, and black beans and stir to combine.
Remove from heat and add the shredded cheese.
Spoon about 2 Tbsp of pumpkin black bean mix onto the outer edge of one tortilla and roll up tightly. Place seam side down on a baking sheet.
Repeat until you've used up all of your filling.
Bake for 15 minutes, until golden brown on the outside.
Serve with salsa, plain yoghurt or another dip of your choice.
- Nutrition values are an estimate only.
- Taquitos can be rolled and frozen, unbaked, on a cookie sheet, then transferred into a ziploc bag for later. Simply cook from frozen and add 5-10 minutes to your cooking time.
Calories: 40kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 131mg | Potassium: 100mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 2605IU | Vitamin C: 1.2mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 0.7mg