Miso Veggie Soup in a Jar
This Miso Veggie Soup is the DIY instant soup recipe you've been waiting for! Just stuff shredded veggies into a jar with miso paste and seasonings, add boiling water, and wait 10 minutes. That's it!
- 1-2 tsp miso paste I used brown rice miso here
- ½ clove garlic grated
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- ½ medium carrot shredded or julienned
- 1/2 cup napa cabbage or other green, torn or shredded
- 1/2 green onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 hot red pepper thinly sliced
- 1/8 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup tofu cubed
- a wedge of lime
- soy sauce to taste (I use Braggs liquid aminos)
Starting with the miso, ginger, garlic, and hot pepper, and ending with the veggies and tofu, layer everything into a large (2 cup capacity or more) heat-proof jar, except for the lime and soy sauce,
At this point, you can simply add the lid and stash your soup jars in the fridge.
When you're ready for soup, boil the kettle. Fill the jar to the top with boiling water and replace the lid.
Wait 10 minutes, then remove the lid and give the soup a good stir.
Season with soy sauce and a squeeze of lime juice, and serve.
- Nutrition values are an estimate only.
- Prepared soup jars will last about 3 days kept sealed in the fridge.
- No kettle? Add the water and microwave the soup for 2 minutes until hot.
Calories: 109kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 264mg | Potassium: 677mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 7335IU | Vitamin C: 284.4mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 1.9mg