Chocolate Black Bean Smoothie
A rich and creamy healthy chocolate smoothie loaded with protein thanks to a secret ingredient that you totally can't taste - beans!
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen cauliflower
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1-2 medjool dates pitted
- 1 cup almond milk or milk of choice
- 1 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Using 2 dates makes this smoothie very sweet. I prefer just one, but if you're accustomed to a sweeter drink or your banana isn't very sweet, you can go for two.
- You can't taste the frozen cauliflower at all! It adds thickness and a good amount of dietary fiber to the smoothie.
- You can't taste the black beans, I promise!
- This makes one LARGE smoothie for a hungry person, or two smaller snack-sized smoothies.
- Nutrition values are an estimate only!
Calories: 452kcal | Carbohydrates: 77g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 360mg | Potassium: 1297mg | Fiber: 18g | Sugar: 32g | Vitamin A: 155IU | Vitamin C: 61.9mg | Calcium: 409mg | Iron: 5.8mg