One-Pan Vegetarian Burrito Bowls
Easy one-pan Vegetarian Burrito Bowls made with roasted sweet potatoes, black beans, and other healthy veggies. A perfect meal prep recipe that's completely plant-based and gluten-free, these vegan burrito bowls are a hit with the whole family.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 medium jalapeño peppers de-seeded and finely diced
- 1 large red pepper diced
- 1 medium zucchini diced
- 1 medium red onion diced
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cans black beans 14oz / 400g cans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- juice of one lime
Preheat your oven to 200°C / 400°F.
Peel and dice the sweet potato. Dice the zucchini and red pepper, and red onion. Finely dice the jalapeños.
In a large roasting pan, combine sweet potatoes, jalapeños, red pepper, zucchini, and red onion. Add olive oil, cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, and a touch of salt and pepper. Give this a good mix so that everything is well seasoned.
Place in the oven and roast for about 20 - 30 minutes, stirring once about half way through. The sweet potato should be just tender when the vegetables have finished roasting.
Remove the roasting pan from the oven and add the black beans, cilantro, and lime juice directly to the pan. Stir to combine.
Spoon the mixture into bowls and serve warm. Top with diced avocado, jalapeños, or other desired toppings.
- Nutrition values are an estimate only.
- Leftover burrito bowls will last about three days in the fridge.
- Or, wrap in a tortilla and pop into the freezer for another day.
Calories: 222kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 54mg | Potassium: 758mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 12012IU | Vitamin C: 50mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 3mg