Green Pea Salad With Feta and Mint
Green Pea Salad with Feta and Mint! This fresh and crunchy salad features three kinds of peas, pea shoots, mint, and feta, an easy to make dressing, and some whole grains to add a bit of heft. Serve with boiled eggs if you please!
- 1 cup kamut use farro, or wheat berries if you can't find kamut
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen green peas 200g
- 1 1/2 cups sugar snap peas, chopped into bite-sized pieces 150g
- 1 1/2 cups snow peas, chopped into bite-sized pieces 150g
- 1 cup pea shoots, rinsed and roughly chopped 50g
- 2 cups mint leaves loosely packed
- 5 oz package of feta crumbled
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 3 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey or other liquid sweetener
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp dried mint
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
To cook the grain
In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to the boil. Add a generous pinch of salt, and then add the kamut. Reduce heat to low, and simmer, covered until the grain is cooked but still toothsome. Drain any excess liquid, and rinse well under cold water.
To make the dressing
Whisk together crushed garlic, lemon juice, honey, mustard, dried mint, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Pour the dressing over the cooked kamut and toss with a fork. Set aside so the grain can marinate while you prepare the rest of the salad.
To make the salad
Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add the green peas and boil for 2-3 minutes, until the peas are bright green but still very firm.
In the last minute of cooking add the sugar snap peas and snow peas to blanch just slightly.
Quickly drain the peas into a colander and run under cold water to stop the cooking. Drain well.
Add the drained blanched peas into a large bowl. Toss with the mint leaves, crumbled feta, and marinated grain. Add the pea shoots and toss well.
Spoon into bowls to serve.
Calories: 347kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 292mg | Potassium: 432mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1735IU | Vitamin C: 79mg | Calcium: 194mg | Iron: 4.1mg