Apple Pie Overnight Oats
Make these easy apple overnight oats and your breakfast will be a cinch! This healthy and gut-friendly recipe uses yoghurt for a light fermentation of the oats, and cinnamon for incredible flavour.
- 1 large apple grated (about 1 cup grated apple)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup plain yoghurt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened oat milk or other milk of your choosing
Grate your apple using a box grater. The apple can be either peeled or unpeeled.
Combine grated apple, rolled oats, chia seeds, cinnamon, salt, yoghurt, and almond milk in a jar with a lid.
Stir to combine all ingredients well.
Set in the fridge to soak overnight.
Serve with fresh apple slices and a sprinkle of cinnamon in the morning.
- Nutrition values are an estimate only!
- Do I have to peel the apple before grating? Nope! Grate away. The peel is super nutritious and I recommend you keep it on whenever possible.
- How far in advance can I make this overnight oats recipe? Good question! It'll last about 3 days in your fridge before it starts to get funky.
- Can this recipe be made vegan? You bet! Just replace the yoghurt with extra plant-based milk, or a plant-based yoghurt like coconut yoghurt.
- Is this recipe gluten-free? It is if you use gluten-free oats.
- Can I make a double or triple batch? Definitely! Just adjust the number of servings in the recipe card and it'll automatically adjust the recipe for you.
- How many servings does this recipe make? It's perfect for one hungry person or two not-so-hungry people.
Calories: 464kcal | Carbohydrates: 84g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 119mg | Potassium: 617mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 40g | Vitamin A: 550IU | Vitamin C: 10.2mg | Calcium: 456mg | Iron: 4.2mg