Air Fryer Grilled Cheese with Broccoli
Air Fryer Grilled Cheese made with sharp cheddar, finely chopped broccoli, and a pinch of chili flakes to bring some heat. This Broccoli grilled cheese is crisp, buttery, and the perfect quick and easy vegetarian sandwich.
- 4 slices bread I used large slices of rustic bread
- 4 medium broccoli florets streamed and cooled
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 2 Tbsp Greek yogurt
- pinch red pepper flakes
Finely chop the broccoli florets to somewhere between the size of rice and peas.
Place broccoli rubble into a bowl, and add the shredded cheese, yogurt, and chili flakes. Mix well.
Spread half of the broccoli cheese mixture onto two slices of bread. Top with the remaining bread.
Lightly butter the outsides of the sandwich.
Heat your air fryer to 350°F / 180°C.
Place the sandwiches into the basket, and air fry for 5-6 minutes.
Check to see whether the sandwiches are crisp and golden. You may need to air fry for an additional 3-4 minutes to reach desired crispness.
Remove from the air fryer, slice in half, and serve!
- Nutrition values are an estimate only.
- If you need to freshly steam some broccoli to make this recipe, be sure to wring it out in a clean kitchen towel so that it's very dry.
- Some Air Fryers have very powerful motors, and I've heard that some are even so powerful that they'll blow the top slice of bread off your sandwich. This wasn't an issue at all with mine, but if yours is very noisy or you know it to have a very powerful motor, you may want to put a grill rack on top of your sandwiches to keep the bread down.
- This recipe was created to make two broccoli grilled cheese sandwiches on large slices of bread. Depending on the size of your bread, you may need to scale the filling up or down.
Calories: 281kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 479mg | Potassium: 220mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 420IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 308mg | Iron: 2mg