Savory Cottage Cheese Muffins
Savory Cottage Cheese Muffins are one of my favourites for an afternoon snack or breakfast. Made with chickpea flour, ground almonds, cheese, and broccoli, these gluten-free muffins are sure to keep you satisfied. Freezer-friendly and perfect for meal prep.
Servings 9 muffins
- 1 cup cottage cheese preferably full fat
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour or 1 cup / 150g whole almonds ground to a fine powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese divided
- 1 cup finely chopped broccoli florets from lightly steamed broccoli
Heat your oven to 200°C / 400°F.
Line 9 muffin tins with parchment muffin liners, or squares of parchment paper.
If you don't already have steamed broccoli on hand, start by lightly steaming some broccoli florets and stems. Rinse in cold water, squeeze out the moisture with a clean kitchen towel, and finely chop the broccoli. You should have 1 cup of chopped broccoli for this recipe.
In a large bowl, whisk together 1 cup cottage cheese, 4 eggs, and 1/4 cup milk.
Add 1/4 cup chickpea flour, 1 1/2 cups almond meal, and 1 tsp baking power and mix well.
Now add 1/2 cup of grated cheddar cheese, and 1 cup finely chopped steamed broccoli florets.
Spoon into 9 prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle the tops the muffins with remaining 1/4 cup of cheese.
Set in the oven and bake for 25 - 30 minutes, until the tops are golden and puffy. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Nutrition values are an estimate only.
- Parchment muffin liners or silicon muffin cups are essential for this recipe.
- Chickpea flour can be replaced with another bean flour or all-purpose flour if desired.
- Almond flour can be made by grinding 1 cup whole almonds in a food processor.
- Muffins can be frozen once completely cooled and stored for up to 3 months.
Calories: 223kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 188mg | Potassium: 182mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 337IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 174mg | Iron: 1mg