These Semi-Dried Tomatoes are easy to make at home, and are perfect to add to salads, sandwiches, pizza, or meal bowls. Make the most out of tomato season by freezing a big batch of semi-dried tomatoes to use down the road.
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dried herbs I used basil and oregano
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
Preheat your oven to 300°F / 150°C. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
Slice the tomatoes in half.
Place the tomatoes in a bowl with the olive oil, herbs, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine well.
Arrange the tomatoes cut-side up on the prepared baking sheets.
Bake for one hour, or until tomatoes have shrivelled and are just the tiniest bit brown around the edges.
Allow the semi-dried tomatoes to cool completely.
- Nutrition values are an estimate only and are based on 10 servings.
- Semi-dried tomatoes can be stored in the fridge for 3 days in an airtight container, or covered with oil for up to two weeks.
- Alternately, you can freeze the tomatoes in a single layer, and then transfer to freezer bags for longer storage.
Calories: 21kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 63mg | Potassium: 99mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 227IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 1mg