Pumpkin Chai Latte
Save your money and make a delicious Pumpkin Chai Latte at home! Made with real pumpkin, seasonal spices, and naturally sweetened with maple syrup, this chai latte is vegan, easy, and healthy.
- 2 rooibos chai tea bags or 4 teaspoons of loose tea
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened oat milk or other milk of choice
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1-2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp MCT oil optional
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- pinch nutmeg
- pinch cloves
Bring the water to a boil in a medium sauce pan.
Add the chai tea bags, and let steep for 5 minutes.
Add the milk to the pot, and bring to a boil.
Remove from the heat and add the pumpkin purée, maple syrup, MCT oil, and spices.
Using an immersion blender, blend the latte until the ingredients are well combined and the milk is frothy - about 30 - 60 seconds.
Pour into mugs and serve immediately.
- Nutrition values are an estimate only.
- Nutrition has been calculated using unsweetened oat milk, maple syrup, and MCT oil. Modifying the recipe will change the nutrition output.
- Does it matter if I use black tea or rooibos in this recipe? Nope! Dealer's choice.
- What kind of milk works best? My favourite plant-based milk (and what I use for most tea lattes) is oat milk, but you can use almond milk, cow's milk, or another plant-based milk of your choosing!
- Do I have to use the MCT oil? Nope! I love how foamy and satisfying it is with the MCT oil in there, but if you don't have it or don't want to use it, feel free to leave it out.
- Can I make this without a blender? If you don't have a blender of sorts I'd leave out the MCT oil and whisk the hell out of it by hand.
Calories: 247kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Sodium: 89mg | Potassium: 142mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 2705IU | Vitamin C: 0.7mg | Calcium: 270mg | Iron: 1.5mg