Cinnamon Roasted Apples
Cinnamon Roasted Apples! This is an easy and healthy recipe for apples baked in the oven with cinnamon and a touch of brown sugar. Eat them for dessert, add them to your breakfast, or just straight from the pan!
- 8 cups peeled and cored apples in about a 1 inch / 2.5cm dice
- 2 Tbsp light brown Muscovado sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp cold butter cut into little cubes
Preheat your oven to 200°C / 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, tinfoil, or a silpat.
In a large bowl, toss together apple chunks with the cinnamon, brown sugar, and sea salt until the apples are well coated. Scrape the contents of the bowl onto the prepared baking sheet so the apple bits are in a single layer.
Scatter the butter cubes around the tray.
Bake for 10 minutes, then remove the apples from the oven, stir, and replace to make for another 5-10 minutes, until the apples are soft and golden but not mushy.
Enjoy warm, cold, or at room temperature!
- Nutrition values are an estimate only
- What are the best kind of apples to use for this recipe? Choose something that's got a nice tart flavour and that holds its shape while baking. Granny Smith or Jonagold are good options.
- Can I reduce the sugar in this recipe? If you want to. But there's only a tiny bit in there to begin with, so I don't really recommend it.
- Can I replace the sugar with something else? Totally. You could use an equivalent amount of maple syrup instead.
- Can I mix up the spices? Definitely! Cardamom, allspice, ginger and nutmeg all go great with apples - but a little goes a long way, so tread carefully.
- Can I make this recipe vegan? If you use a vegan butter substitute or a plant-based oil instead of the butter then it's vegan all the way.
Calories: 136kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 230mg | Potassium: 178mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 210IU | Vitamin C: 7.7mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 0.2mg