Vegan Chocolate Mousse
These luscious little pots of Vegan Chocolate Mousse are made with a base of coconut oil, avocado, and banana. Dairy-free, raw, and naturally sweetened, it takes just moments to whirl together this simple, healthy dessert.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 6 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup good quality cocoa or cacao powder
- 1-2 Tbsp maple syrup optional
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp chipotle powder
Place the avocados, bananas, and melted coconut oil in the bowl of a food processor and blitz until smooth.
Add the cocoa, cinnamon, chipotle powder, and a pinch of salt. Blitz again.
Taste the mousse and decide if you'd like to add a touch of maple syrup for sweetness. Blitz again if necessary.
Spoon the mousse into 4-6 ramekins or dessert glasses. Chill for at least 30 minutes prior to serving.
- Nutrition values are an estimate only, and are based on 6 servings.
- Other flavour suggestions: orange zest, raspberry powder, freshly grated ginger, or vanilla bean and sea salt.
Calories: 285kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Sodium: 8mg | Potassium: 582mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 155IU | Vitamin C: 10.1mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1.5mg