Warm Zucchini Noodle Salad with Fried Halloumi and Burst Tomatoes
This Warm Zucchini Noodle Salad with fried halloumi and burst tomatoes is a delicious, low-carb, and healthy alternative to a traditional pasta dish.
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pint container of cherry tomatoes halved
- 3.5 oz halloumi cubed
- 1 medium zucchini spiralized
- generous pinch of red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the tomato halves to the pan, shaking to distribute everything. Cook until they are beginning to soften and break down a bit, about 2-3 minutes.
Add the halloumi cubes to the pan with the tomatoes, and cook for a couple of minutes, stirring occasionally, until they are just beginning to turn golden.
Add the spiralized zucchini and cook, stirring constantly, until they are warm and just barely soft. A sort of "al dente" is what you're looking for - this should only take 2 minutes or so.
Remove from the heat, slide the whole mess into a bowl, and sprinkle with red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Nutrition values are an estimate only.
- I don't have a spiralizer! Worry not, friends, there's more than one way to shred a zucchini. You can use a julienne peeler, a mandoline with a julienne blade, or even a plain old vegetable peeler to get ribbons of zucchini instead.
- Can I make this recipe vegan? Yup, by swapping out halloumi for tofu or chickpeas.
- Can I make this recipe in advance? Not this time. You can spiralize the zucchini, slice the tomatoes, and cube the halloumi in advance if you want, but this is definitely not a make-ahead or freezer friendly meal.
Calories: 428kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Sodium: 1232mg | Potassium: 1027mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 1550IU | Vitamin C: 89mg | Calcium: 1050mg | Iron: 2.3mg