I think this blurry photo accurately sums up our summer vacation so far. There have been tractor rides, boat rides, car rides, and wagon rides. There has been berry picking and carrots to snack on pulled right from the dirt. The weather has been hot, the days have been long, and the jet lag has been overcome. It’s good to be back in BC.
Folks, last week I asked you for a favour, and I want to thank you so much for coming through for me big time. A special shout-out goes to long-time reader Kimberly A, who left ratings on over 20 recipes!
If you missed that note last week, the going’s still good – it always is! Any comments and ratings left on my recipes really help me out, as they let Google know that this is quality content that deserves to be seen.
And speaking of recipes, I’m working on my autumn content calendar now for both recipes and nutrition posts, so if you’ve got any requests, please let me know!
On Hey Nutrition Lady This Week
This week we made Vegetarian Breakfast Burritos! They’re mega delicious and use my patented one-pan technique so that we can cut down on doing dishes ????
We took a look at what you need to know about Pregnancy Nutrition in the Second Trimester, including how much protein you really need, healthy fats, iron, vitamin B12, and more!
And, I took you through the ins and outs of How to Make Chia Pudding, HNL style. HNL style involves yoghurt, but there are tips in the recipe notes for making a vegan or Whole 30 compliant Chia Pudding if that’s how you roll.
WHAT’S TRENDING ON HNL THIS WEEK
These are the five most popular posts on Hey Nutrition Lady over the last week!
1. Chia Fresca! That’s a total surprise to me, but I’m stoked to see this refreshing and mega hydrating gut-friendly beverage topping the charts this week!
2. Mung Bean and Coconut Curry. It’s hot outside but you guys don’t care. And it’s hard to blame you when this curry is so dang delicious!
3. Black Bean and Quinoa Freezer Burritos. Back to school time is on the horizon, and it looks like you’re getting to work filling your freezers. Way to go!
4. Healthy Cherry Muffins with Dark Chocolate Chunks. Yum, yum, yum. Somebody make me a batch, please!
5. Black Bean Fudge Pops! Yasssss!
What’s Good Around The Web
1. Humans made the banana perfect – but soon it’ll be gone.
2. Apparently parents aren’t good judges of their children’s sugar intakes.
4. This is an interesting look at the actual outcomes of intermittent fasting. Guess what? It’s not magic.
5. Diet trends have come and gone, but the Mediterranean diet has stood the test of time.