Hi from the Pacific Northwest! We made the looooooong trek from Stockholm back to the family homestead on the Sunshine Coast of BC, and although the trip is never easy (it’s over 20 hours of door to door travel – with a two-year-old in tow no less) it’s always so nice to be here.
Now for four weeks of relaxation, family time, and good food! I’m super bummed out that I can’t partake in the local breweries this year, but I’ll be making up for it in blackberries (c’mon, ripen you guys!), bagels, and apple fritters, among other things.
Folks, I have a favour to ask if you don’t mind. For any of you who have made one of my recipes, would you help me out and go back and rate it (assign stars and leave a comment)?
The thing is, Google likes to show their users recipes that have been rated by readers, so this can really help me get my stuff in front of more people. You can search my recipe index and do a quick scroll through to maybe find something you’ve made in the past. Thanks so much. You’re all wonderful people.
On Hey Nutrition Lady This Week
This week we made Healthy Cherry Muffins with Dark Chocolate Chunks, and we’re not mad about it! These are packed with whole grain rye flour, cooked oatmeal, yoghurt, bananas, and other good things. They’re super easy and tasty summer muffins!
We also made the mega hydrating and gut-health promoting Chia Fresca, and took a deep dive into the many nutritional benefits of regularly including chia seeds in your diet.
What’s Trending on HNL This Week
These are the five most popular posts on Hey Nutrition Lady over the last week!
1. Chocolate Black Bean Brownie Smoothie. This healthy and delicious smoothie is at the top of the charts this week!
2. Cold Rice Noodle Salad. This vegan noodle salad with spicy tofu is still going strong. Glad to see you guys are enjoying this one as much as I do!
3. Simple Summer Pasta. You guys are loving this quick and easy summer pasta dish at the moment.
4. Roasted Strawberry + Yoghurt Popsicles. Stoked that these super cool and healthy popsicles made it into the top 5 this week!
5. Open-Faced Hummus Sandwiches. These quick and easy open-faced sandwiches also made the list this week!
What’s Good Around The Web
1. For real you guys, juice is not healthy.
3. This is bonkers: US Opposition to Breastfeeding Resolution Stuns World Health Officials.
4. I’ve been taking spirulina in lieu of an iron supplement lately and I’m pretty happy with the results, but are the benefits of spirulina actually legit?