Hey folks. In an exercise of letting things go, I’m a day late with this week’s meal plan post. And you know what? Nothing bad happened. The internet didn’t explode. You’re all still here. Phew!
After a very indulgent Easter weekend and then a very indulgent weekend in Paris, I’ve been feeling the need for a bit of a reset. Accordingly, I’ve got light and green filled days on Monday and Wednesday. Tuesday it’s looking like I’ll be having dinner out, and I’m going to test an egg salad recipe for lunch that day. On Thursday I’ve got off-site client meeting scheduled all the live long day, so there will be a working lunch with colleagues. Since I’m solo this week, I thought I’d bust out my trusty Thursday Night Fry recipe (either this version or this version) for dinner, with enough leftovers to also become lunch on Friday. Paul gets home from a week-long business trip on Friday morning, and I’m sure will be wanting a bit of a reset himself, so Fancy Friday salads are in the plan.
On to the links!
1. Nutritional science isn’t very scientific. Yes. But also no.
2. The FDA tells Kind Bars to stop claiming they’re healthy. But here’s why that doesn’t necessarily mean they’re unhealthy.
3. Ladies, are you looking after your tickers? Apparently young women’s hearts are at risk.
4. File this under no duh: report and industry clash over artificial sweeteners’ role in childhood obesity.
5. I wish I had a cheese metabolism.