It's that time of year. Lunches out, which mean not only a richer lunch than I'd ordinarily have, but also that I miss my lunch hour swim. I'm trying to stay balanced by keeping other meals on the light side, and I've gone super green with my morning smoothies. It occurred to me this morning that a super green 'take a breather from holiday eating' smoothie recipe is something you might like? Ask and ye shall receive.
I'm also eating down the freezer a bit, so I've got strata and freezer burritos on the menu this week. The freezer burritos may also be these wraps, filled with roasted butternut squash instead of carrot, as they are indistinguishable from the burritos in my freezer. I really should start labelling things.
1. Prescribing vegetables, not pills. Hurrah.
2. Is the Food Babe a fear monger? Scientists are speaking out. I'm so glad they are.
3. I hate to burst your pepperminty holiday drink bubble, but a Starbucks peppermint mocha has as much sugar as 13.5 mini candy canes.
4. It turns out that the time of day you eat might actually make a difference.
5. Another reason to include more turmeric in your diet - as little as a gram per day could boost memory.