See how dark that photo is? I took it outside on my balcony this morning AND adjusted the exposure / brightness afterwards. Have you taken your vitamin D today?
Next week officially kicks off the holidays for so many of you! I've got kind of a funky week coming up. A girl's night is in the works for Tuesday and the dinner is TBD - maybe a dinner out, maybe a cozy evening in since I am going to be solo for part of next week. There's a possibility that I may have to go to Helsinki for work on Thursday, and since work travel days are generally not good food days I'm going to prepare myself with travel ready wraps in my lunch box just in case I do end up going. Aaaaand I've got two Thanksgiving dinners this week with American expat friends. I'm not sure whether I'll make it to both, but I'm putting the Friday one in the plan anyways just in case.
1. Speaking of Thanksgiving, Ina Garten has got some good make-ahead tips for you to help make your Thanksgiving stress free. Y'all know I'm all about make-ahead, so definitely check this out!
2. Breaking fast food's spell is the only shortcut to better nutrition. Yes ma'am!
3. Accordingly, this study says that home cooking is the main ingredient for a healthier diet. Yes again!
4. Local food systems: a green way of life, or a luxury only for elites? Food for thought.
5. And, organic ideologies. I agree with so much of what is said here. We all need to eat more fruit and vegetables, and when we reject non-organic produce we may be missing the point. Thoughts?