Hi Folks! We're off to Amsterdam this afternoon and looking forward to a weekend of marathon running (Paul) canal exploring (me) and general good times. You can follow our Amsterdam adventures on instagram!
Since we won't get home until Monday afternoon, I won't have time to do the usual meal prep for the week, so next week's meal plan is mostly about things I've got already made and stashed away in the freezer. I've still got some zucchini fritters, lentil loaf, and some of this delish strata on hand, so other than roasting some squash and steaming some broccoli, which I'll do on Monday evening, meal prep for the week is already done. Pow!
1. Choosing healthy protein foods: 5 quick tips.
2. Loosen the pulling power of food on your life. Great article on emotional / stress eating and how to shake it.
3. Vulnerability to fructose varies. Verrrry interesting article on the impact of fructose in our bodies. Please, please, please note that this study refers to fructose from ADDED sugars, such as high fructose corn syrup, NOT naturally occurring fructose in fruit, which is buffered by fiber and other lovely nutritional benefits of fruit.
4. Pepsi's lame hipster makeover. What it isn't saying about its new drinks.
5. Ack! No! This new study says that breast cancer risk increases with moderate alcohol consumption.