Hey folks! Coming at you with another weekly meal plan. New to the meal plan this week is strata! I had an ageing loaf of beautiful whole grain bread lying around, so I used it up making the corn, scallion, and cheddar and scallion strata from Smitten Kitchen. I implore you all to do yourselves a favour and do the same. Deb says leftover strata can be cut into squares, wrapped in foil, and tossed in the freezer for future packed lunches. I'm putting that theory to the test and will report back as to how well the strata reheats. I've also got a a new, autumn themed overnight oats recipe in the pipelines, which I hope you'll enjoy as much as I do. Spoiler alert: it contains apples. Recipe coming soon!
1. Will China defeat obesity? A triggering title, but don't let it put you off. This is a long but good article about the importance of public health initiatives.
2. A new study shows that fat, salt, and sugar are not addictive, but the behaviour of eating can be addictive.
3. This one is really interesting, and something I've been thinking a lot about lately: comfort food is a myth.
4. How does bitter food affect health?
5. It's very important to me that The Muffin Myth is a size positive space and I'm always trying to push the message that size ≠ health. This study looks into the practice of fat shaming and finds that it is actually linked to obesity.