You know you've had one of those weeks when you realize on Sunday that your Friday post has been sitting in drafts all weekend. Sigh. Oh well, better late than never, right?
The meal plan this week includes some new recipes I'm trying out, and some tried and true favourites. I've got a stash of kamut zucchini fritters and individual lentil loaves in the freezer, so those will be coming out for a couple of lunches. The Sriracha tempeh is a recipe I'm on a second round of testing with, so hopefully you'll be seeing it soon. Paul is running a half marathon on Saturday, so Friday dinner will be his standard pre-race pasta. It's actually a vegan spaghetti sauce he likes to make with lots of chunky vegetables, and he usually adds some fish or meat on the side of his plate while I enjoy my (significantly smaller) portion as is.
1. Can you train your brain to crave kale instead of french fries? Yes you can!
2. How real food can help fight poverty. Important stuff.
3. Gut bacteria may be the solution for fighting food allergies.
4. And so, here are seven foods that can help supercharge your gut bacteria.
5. Low carb vs low fat, which diet is best? Spoiler alert: the one that you can stick to.