Hi Folks! I hope you've all been having happy and healthy weekends. We've spent the weekend looking after our favourite furry friend, having a great date night in, cooking from some of our favourite cookbooks, and continuing our hunt for a new apartment. Good times all around!
And now onto some great food, nutrition, and health articles for your weekend reading pleasure:
1. Bread is broken: Industrial production destroyed both the taste and the nutritional value of wheat. One scientist believes he can undo the damage.
2. Accounting for taste: How packaging can make food more flavourful.
3. A seismic shift in how people eat: Eating habits are changing and food companies are struggling to keep up.
4. What happens when the 'fat girl' develops an eating disorder. “If you develop an eating disorder when you are already thin to begin with you go to the hospital," The author says. "If you develop an eating disorder when you are not thin to begin with you are a success story.”
5. Study: Too little or too much sleep may raise diabetes risk in women. Hopefully we're all getting just the right amount!
Quick and easy is the name of the game this week, and nothing fits that bill better than these baked eggs with spinach and ricotta. Such a great and versatile recipe!
Other recipes catching my eye this week from around the web include this Sichuan-style Eggs in Purgatory from Food to Glow, this luscious vegan Cream of Broccoli and Quinoa Soup from The Full Helping, and this quick and easy Creamy Pumpkin Pasta from Annie's Eats.