I caught this photo out our living room window last night. Beautiful pink and blue sky to the west, big scary black cloud over top.
What’s good around the web is a weekly series where I share some of what I’ve been reading around the web. Each week I’ll be posting links to five nutrition related articles, good recipes, and just general good reads. I hope you enjoy it! If you’ve got at article or recipe you’d like to see featured,please email me.
1. This is an interesting comprehensive Q&A on the European horse meat scandal. What are your thoughts on the situation?
2. Nuts! Candy or nutritional powerhouse? They should definitely be consumed in moderation due to their high fat content, but studies show that nut consumption is linked to lower incidence of obesity.
3. Are you a fan of Game of Thrones? If you've been reading the books (I'm almost finished the 5th one... write faster, George!) you're familiar with the gratuitous food descriptions. Well, if you want to eat like a Westerosi, you can.
4. The extraordinary science of addictive junk food. Interesting. And scary.
5. Should vegetarians take supplements of EPA and DHA Omega-3's? If you are vegetarian, are you taking these kinds of supplements?
All text and photos © The Muffin Myth 2013