This morning I used the words “only” and “-4C” in the same sentence. I think Paul used the words “-4C” and “warm” in the same sentence. Yesterday was beautiful cold. The moisture in the air froze into teeny ice crystals which were flying around making everything sparkly and gorgeous. I think because I grew up in a part of the world that doesn’t get real winters I still find this kind of cold, particularly on a beautiful sunny day, kind of romantic. I went for a walk during which the inside of my nose froze, but I couldn’t stop snapping pictures of all the beautiful frozen things. I particularly like what happens to the trees in that kind of cold.
What’s good around the web is a weekly series where I share some of what I’ve been reading around the web. Each week I’ll be posting links to five nutrition related articles, good recipes, and just general good reads. I hope you enjoy it! If you’ve got at article or recipe you’d like to see featured, please email me.
1. Have you seen Coca Cola’s new ad on obesity? Leanne emailed this to me last week just shortly before my feed exploded with reactions to the video. Watch the video, and let me know what you think.
2. Speaking of which, I learned a new term for what Coke is up to: leanwashing. Check out the Leanwashing Index to learn more!
3. And another about Coca Cola… Did you know they make Vitaminwater? (Side note – I find Vitaminwater infuriating and will not buy it. Just another way to commodify a natural resource, AND it’s full of sugar.) Coca Cola is being sued for unwarranted health claims regarding Vitaminwater. And their defence? No reasonable consumer would actually think the stuff is healthy. WTF?!
4. I love quinoa but, after reading this article I’ll definitely be moderating my consumption of it.
5. This is interesting. Although children may be picky eaters, especially when it comes to vegetables, according to this study children rate meals higher when there are vegetables on the plate.
All text and photos © The Muffin Myth 2013