The snow arrived just a few days ago! I've honestly never been so happy to see snow in my life. The darkness had been getting overwhelming, and the bright sparkly snow is a great contrast. Plus it feels good for it to be properly cold and wintery if it's going to be that dark. Ask me about this in a couple of days when the temperature is supposed to drop to around -20 (we're at -10 right now), but for now I'm pretty pumped that winter is here.
What’s good around the web is a weekly series where I share some of what I’ve been reading around the web. Each week I’ll be posting links to five nutrition related articles, good recipes, and just general good reads. I hope you enjoy it! If you’ve got at article or recipe you’d like to see featured, please email me.
1. The Danish government has just reversed an experimental 'fat tax'. What do you think, should foods high in saturated or trans fats or sugar be subjected to this kind of taxing?
2. Are artificial sweeteners making us fat? This new study on rats says yes.
3. Do fad diets do a disservice to nutrition? Interesting read.
4. Is there a link between high fructose corn syrup and diabetes?
5. All about yeast! This is particularly interesting for me since fresh yeast is the most readily available in Sweden, and I often struggle to convert recipes from active dried or instant yeast to fresh. Good information!
Also! My friend Christa asked me to share this link to the curvy hoopers video contest on hooping.org. Check it out!
All text and photos © The Muffin Myth 2012