One last summer shot. Enjoy your long weekend if you're getting one. If you're going back to school this week like I am, good luck! Let's rock this thing!
What’s good around the web is a weekly series where I share some of what I’ve been reading around the web. Each week I’ll be posting links to five nutrition related articles, good recipes, and just general good reads. I hope you enjoy it! If you’ve got at article or recipe you’d like to see featured, please email me.
1. Good news, fellas! A new study out of the Karolinska Institute in Sweden (that's where I'm starting grad school tomorrow!) suggests eating chocolate may lower your risk of stroke. Eat your dang Easter bunny, Dad!
2. A fascinating article on the links between nutrients, genes, and the spread of cancers.
3. A muffin with the same calories as eight chocolate donuts? I call Muffin Myth! That and other alarmingly unhealthy snacks to avoid.
4. Strict laws on school snacks linked to healthier children. Should junk food be banned in schools? What do you think?
5. Two good reasons to pop your own popcorn (stove top or air popped, not pre-packaged): Butter flavouring linked to Alzheimer's disease, and it is also a respiratory hazard for industry workers.
All text and photos © The Muffin Myth 2012