What the heck, royal guard, get out of the bike lane!
What’s good around the web is a weekly series where I share some of what I’ve been reading around the web. Each week I’ll be posting links to five nutrition related articles, good recipes, and just general good reads. I hope you enjoy it!
If you’ve got at article or recipe you’d like to see featured, please email me.
1. We’ve been getting our knives sharpened at a shoe repair shop in our neighbourhood, which has turned out to be a big mistake! They won’t hold an edge and we can’t keep them sharp at all. So now I’ve sent my best knife away for a week to get it professionally sharpened. When it gets home, this is how I’m going to maintain it. I did not know the top to bottom technique!
2. I’m still skeptical about agave, and I think honey should have made this list, but dates are one of my favourite natural sweeteners. Are any of your favourites on this list?
3. What’s so great about cooking? Four reasons, and some good tips.
4. On my summer (and culinary) bucket list: make my own mayonnaise. I’m not going to lie, the raw eggs fa-reak me out! I’m going to wait until I’m back in BC for a holiday and in the presence of my favourite eggs. Keep me accountable!
5. We’ve talked a lot about juice lately, but what about chocolate milk? Healthy option or sugary junk, what do you think?
All text and photos © The Muffin Myth 2012