And here we are, the last day of July.
It’s also the last full day of our summer holiday back in BC where we’re busy trying to stuff as many sun-ripened blackberries into our mouths as possible, soak up the sun, and deeply inhale the smell of this place to commit it to memory until next summer.
when in doubt, donate
This month’s donation went to the Canadian Red Cross for those affected by the BC wildfires. Wild fires are common in BC each summer, but this year they hit close to several communities, displacing thousands of people. Keeping our forests and our people safe is a priority each summer, but this one more than usual.
the muffin myth in other places
I’ve got a couple of articles to share with you this month. Over on Hello Glow I wrote about common habits shared by healthy eaters.
last but not least, the links!
2. Are you a carboholic? Insight on why cutting carbs is so tough. (ps – I love carbs and strongly believe they’re an important part of a healthy balanced diet.)
3. This is good news: you’re never too old to benefit from a change to healthy eating.
4. According to this study, trust in nutritional science is ‘deflating’.
5. Forecasting the next food fad: is Yacon the next Kale?
8. The soda taxes are finally succeeding.
9. Two diet wrongs don’t make a diet right: thoughts on What The Health documentary
10. Protein powder vs food: do you really need to supplement?