Just between us, my friend Sarah does a monthly Confessions post that I freaking love reading. She gets a bunch of stuff of her chest, her readers do the same in the comments, and everyone feels a whole lot better after.
I've been wanting to steal this idea for a while (and Sarah has been encouraging me to steal it) and I'm finally getting off my lazy butt and doing it. So here we go. Just between us....
1. I've never understood the appeal of beach hair. Like, why do people buy salt water spray to put in their hair to achieve beach hair? My hair is a DISASTER in salt water.
2. I killed my scoby because I just could not take care of one more living thing. Just unceremoniously dumped Tobes and the microbes into the garbage. I'm a terrible person.
3. Why is it that the quintessential dad smell is a combination of toothpaste and coffee and farts? I always associated that particular smell with my own dad, and now I smell it in the mornings when I get up and my husband has left for his early morning run. I'm telling ya; dad smell.
4. Speaking of my husband, he is currently missing a tooth. Three of his front teeth are fake (have been since he was a kid) and they all need replacing with proper implants. He had the first one out in the spring and it has to heal for six months until he can get the implant, and though he has a prosthetic tooth he prefers to rock the toothless look, which he thinks is awesome.
I do not think it's awesome. In fact, I straight up love him less without that tooth. There. I said it. I am a shallow, shallow person.
5. I wash my cast iron pan with soap and water Every. Single. Time I use it and I'm not sorry.
6. I sleep with socks on 75% of the year because my feet get so cold that they keep me awake. And no, it's not a simple matter of tucking my feet into the blankets. They are icicles and need to be nestled in socks nearly year round.
7. My dad once told me that you shouldn't wear shorts on an airplane because they might get caught on the slide in the event of an emergency evacuation, and I have never, ever worn shorts on an airplane. I don't know if this is a true thing or not, and my dad is certainly not an avid traveller so it may just be one of those things that dads say, but my husband, who is a frequent traveller, insists on wearing shorts on pretty much all flights and it freaks me the hell out every single time.
8. I've had this Katy Perry song in my head for a couple of months now and I can't get it out. When it's just me and the boys at home I blast it as loud as possible and we dance our faces off and it's the best. Does this make me a Katy Perry fan? I'm kind of ok with it if it does.
9. Do people who wear those big buns on top of their heads not get the worst ponytail headaches? I can't even deal with an all-day ponytail myself, so I always wonder this when I see them.
10. I think I have imposter syndrome about being a grownup. I see other parents at my kid's daycare and I always think how grown up they seem and then I remember that I'm likely the same age if not older. But they seem so grown up!
Ok, now it's your turn! What weird things are rattling around in your brain? What do you need to get off of your chest? Let's talk about it!