Just between us is when we get together once a month or so and say the things that you think but don’t really say. Or you do say, but only to certain people. I’ll go first, then you share in the comments and everyone will feel a whole lot better.
Just between us…
1. I don’t like soft scrambled eggs. I know that’s the “proper” way to do them and I’d probably get kicked off of Master Chef for over cooking my eggs, but every time I eat a slimy soft scrambled eggs I just feel like I’m eating undercooked goop and I have to use all of my willpower to get them down.
If you like soft scrambled eggs, then power to you. I like a firm scramble. Aka, cooked.
2. I was taking a whiff of Odin’s head the other day when it dawned on me why I love that smell so much; it smells EXACTLY like homemade playdough. That floury, salty, comforting smell of childhood. So good.
3. I don’t make homemade playdough for my kids, because when I grew up we had only the homemade stuff and I always thought my parents were being tightwads. Which, I mean, they were, but do you know how quickly the store-bought stuff gets destroyed?
It’s a total racket, and any sensible parent, especially the sensible parents of four children, would just make homemade playdough. But I am not sensible in this particular way. I buy the premium stuff, and I feel good about it.
4. I have a weird habit I feel like you should know about. Whenever I’m on an airplane I watch movies on other people’s screens. I just get sucked into whatever someone across the aisle is watching, and I feel like I do a pretty good job of keeping up with the story line even though I can’t hear the dialogue.
I rarely, if ever, watch movies on my own screen. Anyone else do this too?
5. I always talk about how Odin was such a difficult baby, but lately I’ve been wondering if he really was or if I was just really really stressed. I did my year-end book keeping last week to hand over to my accountant, and when I saw how much I’d billed in freelance work WHILE ON MATERNITY LEAVE I almost fell off my seat. Like, WTF was I thinking?
6. I know what I was thinking. Survive, survive, survive.